Gallery

t>

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Sugar Crafty

Today I began the mammoth task of making over 100 sugar roses for a very special wedding. Special because it's my first big commission (I normally bake for friends and family). Also more than special because I am putting my heart and soul into this project. Meetings, tasting sessions and constant correspondence and updates with planning, design and preps with the lovely bride-to-be have helped me enormously in this venture. Here is a tiny taster of my cake of the year -  a rose by any other name...... couldn't possibly smell as sweet, these are the sweetest of all roses, made of sugar.
This is just the centre of the rose, around 1 inch at the moment. I need to let it dry and put the next layer on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment