Gallery

t>

Sunday 21 August 2011

It's not actually all about cake.....

So, this weekend no baking!  We live in a lovely small village in the North of West Sussex where the locals like to grow their own and now we are coming to the end of Summer there is a glut of all things delicious. So far this week we have been given by our lovely neighbours red and yellow tomatoes, runner beans, cucumber and beetroot. I've been giving my veg bed a little rest this year and mostly growing herbs, nasturtiums and sunflowers for the birds. I planted a few red spring onions, phew they're hotties!

I have blanched off about two pounds of runner beans and they are now in the freezer ready for when we fancy a "bean feast". 

In the oven are gorgeous roasted beetroots with balsamic, olive oil and garlic (a la Jamie Oliver) - the most delicious way I've had beets EVER!  A little garlic roasted chicken and roast spuds with swede and carrot mash and runner beans (of course). Perfect.

Bon apetit my friends. Enjoy your Sunday lunch whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment